To effectively achieve the water quality goals of the watershed plan, the committee developed a detailed research plan.
This plan is made up of a series of questions that must be answered to understand the magnitude of the nutrient sources, the impacts of these nutrients on lakes and effectiveness.
Four Steps....To the Research Plan
- What are the current nutirent loads in the Qu'Appelle River watershed?
- What are the proportional contributions of point and non-point nutrient sources?
- How important are in-stream and in-lake processes for changing nutrient concentrations?
- What nutrient levels will result in observable changes (improvements) in water quality?
Projects to address the Plan
- Mass Balance Study
- Municipal Waste Water Study
- Ag Nutrient Contributions
- Aquatic Macroinvertebrates